India v Sri Lanka, final, World Cup 2011, Mumbai (Result)




'I couldn't control my tears of joy' April 2, 2011
"I couldn't have asked for anything more than this. Winning the World Cup is the proudest moment of my life. Thanks to my team-mates. Without them, nothing would have happened. I couldn't control my tears of joy."

Sachin Tendulkar, who's played six World Cups, on his best moment
"I took a quite few decisions tonight, if we hadn't won I would have been asked quite a few questions: Why no Ashwin, why Sreesanth, why no Yuvraj, why did I bat ahead?! That pushed me and motivated to do well"
MS Dhoni puts a light spin on his selection decisions ahead of India's title win
"This is unbelievable. The Under-19 World Cup, then the World Twenty20 but this is the most special. For Sachin, for everyone else."
Yuvraj Singh, the Player of the Tournament, sums it up
"Very proud of everyone, especially Mahela who rose up to the occasion and put up a great hundred. When you look at this Indian team anything less than 350 looks less! They deserved this title, the way they played in front of a great crowd."
Kumar Sangakkara, the Sri Lanka captain, is gracious in defeat
"All credit goes to Sachin Tendulkar. We played for him. Beating Australia and Pakistan and now this, its a dream come true."
Gautam Gambhir, who gave India the upper hand in the final with his 97
"It means the world to me. I have been part of the three World Cups. This is for the nation. Thank you very much, we love you. This cup is for the people. Love you India!"
Harbhajan Singh was among several Indian players who shed a tear following India's victory
"This goes out to all the people of India. This is my first World Cup; I can't ask for more. Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years; It was time we carried him. Chak de India!"
Virat Kohli leads the Tendulkar tributes






India v Sri Lanka, final, World Cup 2011, Mumbai (Result) India v Sri Lanka, final, World Cup 2011, Mumbai (Result) Reviewed by Brajmohan on 6:13 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Comment Me ;)

Powered by Blogger.